Number of Twins at WJ Hits Record Level

Samantha Johnson

Sam Thomas, Staff Writer

WJ freshmen Maggie and Samuel Willkomm
WJ freshmen Maggie and Samuel Willkomm

With 18 sets of twins and one group of triplets, Walsh Jesuit is experiencing a record-setting phenomenon.  The freshman class has five sets of twins, the sophomores have two, the juniors have six, and the seniors have five pairs of twins and one group of triplets.

A common experience for many twins is competition between the siblings.  Senior Nick Herideen acknowledged his competitive relationship with his brother, Blake, by stating, “My brother and I have always been competitive with each other in all aspects of life. It is difficult at times, but at the end of the day we always remain best friends and brothers.”

Nick later explained that, although it is sometimes difficult having a competitive brother, it helps to always have someone pushing him to reach his full potential in school, sports and life.

Although twins and triplets share the same birthday, family and home, oftentimes their personalities do not  perfectly align. When asked about the similarities with his brother, Brad, and sister, Samantha, senior triplet Brennan Johnson noted, “When we were younger, we always had many similar personality traits.  As we grew up and entered into high school, we began to develop as our own selves and began exploring our own individuality.”

The Cook twins, Curtis and Connor, are juniors at Walsh Jesuit.

While the triplets celebrate their differences, Brennan explained that the strong and unique connection will continue wherever they go in life.  In order to represent the bond among the three, Brennan got a tattoo on his side that symbolizes the unity that all three of them share.

When asked about getting to spend time with his brother in school, Curtis Cook, a junior, shared, “Seeing Conner in the halls always brightens my day and fills my heart with love.  It is reassuring to see him and know that he is safe here in our school community.”  Curtis later explained that he believes going to the same school their whole lives has helped them develop an even stronger relationship.