The Corvette in the Commons

Nico Clarke, News Editor

Upon entering Walsh Jesuit High School, students cannot avoid noticing the brand new 2016 Corvette Stingray that temporarily sits in the front of the Commons. Generously sponsored by the Ron Marhofer Auto Group, the dark gray Corvette is the most extravagant of the raffle prizes for the annual Powwow fundraising event.
Getting the car into the school was not an easy task. The maintenance crew had to remove the metal support that divides the double doors by the Chapel in order to fit the car into the school. It then had to be driven through the halls to the Commons.

(Nico Clarke)
A brand new Corvette is parked just beyond these students eating lunch. The car is part of the annual POWWOW fundraiser’s raffle.

Senior Dawson Wise exclaimed, “I am going to buy a ticket so I can win the car and sell it!” Many students have adopted a similar viewpoint. Dawson continued, “It only takes one ticket to win!”

The car has generated a great deal of excitement around the halls of Walsh Jesuit. Campus Ministry alumnus volunteer Mr. Ferrara said, “We generally raffle off a car, and we have been thinking about it for some time now, but we wanted to go big this year!”

Students will receive tickets on Monday, January 15 and, while they are challenged to sell as many tickets as possible, each is required to sell two tickets.  During the sale period, prizes will be offered as incentives to sell more tickets.

(Nico Clarke)
Information is provided nearby to sell raffle tickets and keep the car in pristine shape for the grand prize winner.