The Pioneer

• November 6Using an iPad? Hold the device horizontally for best results.

• November 6Welcome to The Pioneer online! Please come back often to see what's new.

• November 6If you find an error please let us know by leaving a comment below the article.

Catholic Call-In Day to support Dreamers

On Monday, February 26, there will be a call-in drive in the Rotunda during all lunch periods

Deferred+Action+for+Childhood+Arrivals+supporters+demonstrate+near+the+White+House.+Attorney+General+Jeff+Sessions+announced+Sept.+5+that+the+DACA+program+is+%22being+rescinded%22+by+President+Donald+Trump%2C+leaving+some+800%2C000+youth%2C+brought+illegally+to+the+U.S.+as+minors%2C+in+peril+of+deportation+and+of+losing+permits+that+allow+them+to+work.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals supporters demonstrate near the White House. Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced Sept. 5 that the DACA program is

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals supporters demonstrate near the White House. Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced Sept. 5 that the DACA program is "being rescinded" by President Donald Trump, leaving some 800,000 youth, brought illegally to the U.S. as minors, in peril of deportation and of losing permits that allow them to work.

CNS photo/Kevin Lamarque, Reuters

CNS photo/Kevin Lamarque, Reuters

CNS photo/Kevin Lamarque, Reuters

The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops has called for a nationwide Catholic Call-In Day to Congress on Monday, February 26. to advocate for action to support the situation of Dreamers.

Undocumented young people are facing an imminent threat as immigration protections are scheduled to end soon, including nearly 800,000 young women and men in the DACA program which is scheduled to be officially terminated on March 5.

Please consider spending 5-10 minutes of your lunch to call your members of Congress asking them to support Dreamers. Please bring your cell phones with you to the Rotunda during any lunch period. Resources necessary to make the process, ideally, effortless for you will be provided.

If you are seeking additional information, you can find other items at the USCCB Justice for Immigrants page or the immigration resource page.  Please contact Mr. DiPre with any concerns or questions.